The pride we place in the education of our attorneys is rooted in an objective measure of academic and intellectual prowess; namely successful and exceptional performance at some of the nation’s most well-known, well-respected institutions of higher education. Examined annually, the statistics and examples that follow underscore what we mean by “Well Educated.”
- 80% of Meltzer Lippe attorneys have graduated from a U.S. News & World Report Top 50 University or Law School; including such top institutions as: Columbia; Cornell; Duke; Georgetown; George Washington; Harvard; Johns Hopkins; NYU; Tufts; and Boston University , The University of California (Berkeley), The University of Chicago, Florida, Miami, The University of Pennsylvania and Yeshiva Universities.
- 60% of our attorneys graduated cum laude, with honors, or better, and
- 40% of Meltzer Lippe attorneys have an advanced degree to complement their law degree, such as an LL.M. in Tax or Estate Planning or an M.B.A.
- American Bar Association Tax Section Sales, Exchange and Basis Committee;
- American Bar Association Tax Section Wealth and Non-Tax Estate Planning Committee;
- Trusts & Estates Magazine / Wealth.com editorial advisory board;
- New York University Institute on Federal Taxation advisory board;
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellows; and
- Bloomberg Bureau of National Affairs Advisory Board (both the Tax Management Advisory Board and the Real Estate Advisory Board).