The Meltzer Lippe Real Estate Practice Group is a national commercial transactional practice advising prominent developers, financial institutions, real estate investment firms, real estate investment trusts and private clients in the completion of sophisticated real estate transactions, as well as commercial lending and borrowing.
The practice includes all aspects of commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions; 1031 exchanges, loan assumptions and defeasances; partnership and operating agreements; creating complex organizational structures; and representing lenders and borrowers in all facets of real estate lending and borrowing. Types of transactions include, but are not limited to, multi-state portfolio financings on the lending and borrowing sides; originating CMBS, life insurance company, mezzanine and bank loans; drafting and negotiating participation and inter-creditor agreements between lenders; debt restructurings; and drafting and negotiating forbearance agreements between lenders and borrowers.
Long Island Real Estate Attorneys have experience representing both landlords and tenants in office building, shopping center, big box, triple net and industrial park lease drafting and negotiations as well as mortgage and mezzanine financing for similar properties.
We are involved in the conversion of residential and office properties to condominium ownership.
Long Island Real Estate Lawyers represent buyers and sellers of all types of property – commercial, retail, shopping centers, multi-family complexes and apartment buildings, residential communities, golf courses, industrial/warehouse developments, hotels and free standing triple net credit tenant-properties located throughout the United States. We prepare and negotiate all types of leases representing landlords and tenants – office, commercial, retail leases including big box, shopping center leases, publicly traded company headquarter leases, free standing retail and restaurant leases, parking garages, ground leases, triple net leases and sale leasebacks.
Meltzer Lippe real estate lawyers also represents sellers and purchasers of real estate loans including performing due diligence, drafting and negotiating sale-purchase agreements and handling all aspects of closing loan sale and / or purchase transactions.
- Meltzer Lippe, Holland & Knight Steer $109 million NYC deal on Broadway
- Major Sale closed – 82 Properties, 17 States
- The sale of the iconic Transamerica Tower in Baltimore, MD for $121 million
- Represented seller in the $83 million sale of a preferred membership interest in a real estate joint venture owning 28 properties
- A 232,000 square foot build to suit Lease representing Dealertrack at 3400 New Hyde Park Road, New Hyde Park, New York
- A $150 million sale of 529 Broadway in Manhattan
- The acquisition of 1225 Second Avenue – the entire retail block on the west side of Second Avenue between 64th and 65th Streets in Manhattan;
- The $56 million acquisition of Clock-tower Shopping Center in Queens
- A 12 property financing surrounding the Barclay’s Center, Brooklyn
- The $14.5 million acquisition of a 34-unit multifamily building located in Park Slope, on the cusp of Downtown Brooklyn
- Advising the lender in local law, zoning and IDA issues relating to The Ritz Carlton Residences – North Hills
- Representing the purchaser/new owner of 666 Old Country Road, Garden City, 114 Old Country Road, Mineola and 100 Merrick Road, Rockville Centre
- Representing a national proprietary trade school for all of its leasing needs in the Northeast
- Represented the Purchaser in the acquisition and financing of a Walmart Distribution Center in Charleston, South Carolina, containing 560,000 square feet.
The purchase price was $21,400,000.00 and the mortgage financing was $15,500,000.00.
- Represented the Purchaser in the acquisition and financing of a Walmart Distribution Center in Statesboro, Georgia, containing 303,000 square feet.
The purchase price was $10,400,000.00 and the mortgage financing was $7,000,000.00.