- This event has passed.
Stephen M. Breitstone: ACTEC/ALI CLE Webinar: Aligning Interests in the Sale of a Business
September 22 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
ACTEC Fellow Stephen M. Breitstone is speaking with Jerome Hesch.
This webcast is designed to evaluate the available alternative forms of retained ownership, such as using an earnout, providing the seller with a profits interest, and covenants not to compete. The program will also point out income tax traps that can be detrimental to the seller as well as the estate planning opportunities, whether the business is owned inside or outside of the estate plan (such as an irrevocable trust not exposed to the estate tax). The faculty will explain:
• Different forms of remuneration to consider, including earnouts and share of future profits
• How these alternatives work in practice
• Common pitfalls in the income tax area and how to work around them
• Estate planning opportunities and pitfalls of such interests
• Other financial considerations
With this webcast, you’ll increase your understanding of the options available to help align the interests of both a buyer and a seller of a business, and be better positioned to provide superior counsel to your estate planning clients.