William W. Post
William W. Post is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate & Corporate/Business practice groups. Bill has over thirty years of experience in representing private and public companies, including several real estate investment trusts, and individual investors in all aspects of commercial real estate, including acquisitions, financings, leasing and dispositions of office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, warehouse buildings and residential apartment complexes located through-out the United States, as well as the day to day operations of such properties.
“I pride myself in becoming familiar with our client’s business plan in order to provide legal counsel that fulfills their needs by providing timely to the point representation that will facilitate their transaction and accomplish their goals. I identify potential issues, offer solutions to meet the client’s needs and endeavor to remove any obstacles that may arise during the transaction.”
Bill’s recent representative transactions include:
- Owner in a $1.5 billion development and sale of a mixed use retail and hotel complex, including a major sign component, located in Times Square, New York City;
- Investor in two $50 million acquisitions of warehouse properties in Illinois net leased to Fortune 500 companies;
- Owners in the disposition of historic hotels in Denver, Colorado and Dallas, Texas;
- Owner in a $400 million sale of four ground leased properties located in New York City, subject to net leases to hotel operators;
- Owner in a $121 million sale of the tallest commercial office building in Baltimore, Maryland;
- Borrower in a $51 million refinancing with major financial institution of a commercial office building located on the Highline in New York City;
- Borrower in a $50 million refinancing of a net leased warehouse facility in Long Island City, New York;
- Owner in a $110 million sale of an office building in Southern California net leased to a major financial institution;
- Owner in an $85 million sale of a multi-tenanted office building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania;
- Owner in a $90 million sale of a 92 unit luxury apartment complex in Stanford, Connecticut;
- Owners in the sale of 50 Fairfield Inn by Marriott and 30 Days Inns franchised properties located throughout the United States;
- Landlord in the leasing of 80,000 square feet of office space to major financial institution;
- Borrower in a $500 million refinancing of a portfolio of 400 net leased mixed use properties with CMBS lender; and
- Owner in the acquisition, leasing and subsequent disposition of one of the largest office buildings in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, including leasing work involving Fortune 500 companies.
He received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Wesleyan University where he captained the Varsity Football and Lacrosse teams. Bill received his Juris Doctor from New England Law, and an LL.M. in Taxation from the Boston University School of Law.