Live Broadcast on October 20, 2017
This webinar will provide estate planners, advisers and tax counsel with a comprehensive exploration into the planning and structuring challenges and tax benefits of “freeze partnerships” as a tool for inter-generational wealth transfer. The speaker will discuss how to determine when freeze partnerships are the optimal vehicle for preserving basis, how to draft the partnership agreement and operating documents to ensure optimal tax treatment, and how to navigate the complex rules of Internal Revenue Code Chapter 14.
This course is co-sponsored with Wolters Kluwer.
Key Topics to be discussed:
• Structuring preferred partnerships
• Freeze techniques and structures
• Gift tax issues to avoid at formation
• How not to run afoul of the valuation requirements in IRC 2701
• Avoiding gain at formation resulting from contribution of assets into the preferred partnership
• Utilizing preferred partnerships with trusts (GRATs, CLATs, QTIPs)
Date / Time: October 20, 2017