The pride we place in the education of our attorneys is rooted in an objective measure of academic and intellectual prowess; namely successful and exceptional performance at some of the nation’s most well-known, well-respected institutions of higher education.
Examined annually, the statistics and examples that follow underscore what we mean by “Well Educated.”
- 80% of Meltzer Lippe attorneys have graduated from a U.S. News & World Report Top 50 University or Law School; including such top institutions as: Columbia; Cornell; Duke; Georgetown; George Washington; Harvard; Johns Hopkins; NYU; Tufts; and Boston University , The University of California (Berkeley), The University of Chicago, Florida, Miami, The University of Pennsylvania and Yeshiva Universities.
- 60% of our attorneys graduated cum laude, with honors, or better, and
- 40% of Meltzer Lippe attorneys have an advanced degree to complement their law degree, such as an LL.M. in Tax or Estate Planning or an M.B.A.
This academic achievement is enhanced by the emphasis we then place on peer-based leadership positions and honors bestowed by professional journals, associations and organizations. Meltzer Lippe attorneys hold
peer-based, professional positions and honors with the:
- American Bar Association Tax Section Sales, Exchange and Basis Committee;
- American Bar Association Tax Section Wealth and Non-Tax Estate Planning Committee;
- Trusts & Estates Magazine / Wealth.com editorial advisory board;
- New York University Institute on Federal Taxation advisory board;
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Fellows; and
- Bloomberg Bureau of National Affairs Advisory Board (both the Tax Management Advisory Board and the Real Estate Advisory Board).
It is for these reasons we offer for your consideration that Meltzer Lippe attorneys are “Well Educated.”